Georgian Cheese Pie Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Georgian Cheese Pie Recipe gets its eggs,onions and pepper.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Georgian Cheese Pie Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Georgian Cheese Pie Recipe
- 2 1/2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 lg egg
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 c club soda or more if needed at ro
- 12 T unsalted sweet butter
- 1-1/2 sticks melted
- 1 c dried red beans soaked overnight in water
- 1 salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper to t
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 1/4 c onions finely chopped
- 1/2 c cilantro finely chopped
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Pour in the egg, oil, and club soda and stir into the flour, adding more club soda if necessary, ot make a rather soft dough.
- Transfer the dough to a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Shape the dough into a ball, cover with a linen or cotton not terry cloth kitchen towel and let stand for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into four parts and shape each one into a ball. Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F. and butter two large baking sheets.
- On a floured surface,roll out one of the balls into an 1/8-inch thick square. Brush the dough with some of the melted butter Dip your fingers into the melted butter and pull the edges of the dough in different directions, stretching it evenly until it is almost transparently thin.
- Don't worry if the dough tears, as you will be folding it up. With a sharp knife, trim the edges of the dough to from an even square.
- Fold the square in half, brush the surface generously with the melted d fold in half again crosswise to from a smaller square. It should be approximately 6 to 7 inches. It is isn't, pull it out slightly to fit the dimensions. Brush the square with butter.
- Shape one-fourth of the filling into a ball and place in the center of the square. Fold in the corners of the square like an envelope. With the palm of your hand, flatten the pie so it is about 1 inch thick.