Baked Turnovers Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Baked Turnovers Recipe gets its butter,sour cream and eggs.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Baked Turnovers Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Baked Turnovers Recipe
- 2 1/2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1 stick
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 3 lg egg yolks
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 lg egg white beaten with a little wate
- 1/2 c coarse sugar crystals optional
- Combine the flour and cold butter in a processor or cut the butter with a pastry cutter into coarse crumbs. Add the egg yolks, salt, and cream and process or knead lightly until the dough forms a ball.
- Cut in half, wrapping each have in plastic wrap, refigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Roll out half the dough on a lightly floured work surface, to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into rounds with a 3-inch cutter or wine glass. Place a spoonful of the filling on one side of each round, fold the top over, brush with a little of the egg glaze and seal with a fork or pastry cutter for a fancy edge.
- Place each turnover on a lightly greased or non-stick baking sheet and brush with the glaze then sprinkle with the sugar crystals.
- Bake in a preheated 375 Degree F. oven for about 20 minutes. Cool on wire racks.