How to cook that Vegetarian Chili at home.Vegetarian Chili makes the best flavorful all time comfort dish. Vegetarian Chili recipe can be made in less than 40-50 minutes including prep time. Check below Dinner for step by step directions of preparation of Vegetarian Chili recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (12 ounce) packages vegetarian burger crumbles
- 3 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then stir in celery, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chiles.
- When the vegetables are heated through, the mixture in the veggie burger crumbles. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes in the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper. Add beans, chickpeas and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low heat and boil 45 minutes. Add the corn and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.