Vegetable Stew recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Vegetable Stew recipe gets its zest from fresh spinach vegetables. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Vegetable Stew recipe, the top 10 on this site.
Vegetable Stew recipe step by step preparation at home
- 3 cups water
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon ,
- low sodium
- 2 cups white potatoes ,
- cut in 2-inch strips
- 2 cups carrots ,
- sliced 4 cups summer squash ,
- cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 cup summer squash ,
- cut in 4 chunks
- 1 15- ounce can sweet corn ,
- rinsed and drained (or 2 ears fresh corn, 1½ cups)
- 1 teaspoon thyme 2 cloves garlic ,
- minced 1 stalk scallion ,
- chopped ½ small hot pepper ,
- chopped 1 cup onion ,
- coarsely chopped 1 cup tomatoes , diced
- Put water and bouillon in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for tomatoes, and continue cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove 4 chunks of squash and puree in blender
- Return pureed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.