Tolma Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Tolma Recipe gets its butter,eggs and onions.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Tolma Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
- 1 lb lamb Ground
- 2 md 1 c onions chopped fine
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 c raw rice well rinsed black pepper salt or to taste
- 2 T fresh coriander chopped
- 1 T fresh mint chopped
- 20 to 25 cabbage leaves pre pared as georgian recipe
- 2 c fresh tomatoes peeled chopped pureed or canne
- Mix everything except cabbage leaves & tomato puree together & set aside.
- Place 1 cabbage leaf w/spine end away from yourself. Put 1 heaping tb of end of leaf nearest you & roll it over, then tuck in 2 sides to shape a cylinder 3-" long & abt 1-" thick.
- Roll up leaf but not too tightly. Prepare all leaves this way to make tolmas.
- Fit cabbage rolls neatly in pan in several layers. Pour tomato puree over rolls.
- Cover w/dinner place & press the leaves down gently. Cover pan & cook over low heat for 1-1/2 hrs.
- Should liquid evaporate too soon, add 1/2 c water. There should be very little sauce. Serve warm tolmas w/bread.