Stuffed Fried Eggplant Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Stuffed Fried Eggplant Recipe gets its onions,red wine and corn.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Stuffed Fried Eggplant Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Stuffed Fried Eggplant Recipe
- 2 lb abt 8 small italian type eggplant
- 2 1/2 t salt
- 2 sm
- 3/4 cup onions chopped
- 3/4 c walnuts shelled
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 t coriander Ground
- 1/4 t to
- 1/2 ts hot red chili flakes to taste
- 3 T red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 c corn oil
- 2 lb abt 8 small italian-type eggplant
- 6 c water
- 1 t salt
- 8 sprigs chinese celery see note or
- 8 sprigs flat-leaf italian parsley
- 1 recipe for walnut stuffing-as in basic recipe
- Cut each eggplant lengthwise almost into halves so that they can be opened like a book, w/two halves still connected. Sprinkle insides lightly w/2 ts salt, put them in large pan & cover.
- Let stand for 1 hr. Rinse w/cold water. Close each eggplant & them gently to remove accumulated liquid. Open them again & dry on a kitchen towel.
- Toss onions w/remaining 1/2 ts salt & let stand for 1/2 hr. Put them in a kitchen towel & firmly squeeze out liquid.
- Prepare a stuffing. Put walnuts, onions, garlic, coriander, & red chili flakes in a processor & process to a smooth paste. Add vinegar & process for a few seconds more to mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, place eggplants cut side down in it and fry over moderate heat, covered, for 5 mins. Turn them over & fry for another 2 mins to brown skin side. Remove & cool. Do not separate eggplant halves.
- Spread 1 tb stuffing over cut surface of half of the eggplant.Close, & tie together w/white thread if you wish. Return eggplants to skillet & fry them over low heat on both sides for 5 mins.
- Cool & remove thread, if used. Refrigerate. Serve cold as an appetizer or a side dish.