Spice Bars Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Spice Bars Recipe gets its zest milk,cinnamon and almonds.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Spice Bars Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Spice Bars Recipe
Spice Bars Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Spice Bars Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Spice Bars Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t allspice ground
- 1/4 t cloves ground
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 1/4 c flour unbleached unsifted
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 c almonds ground
- 1 t lemon rind grated
- 2 eggs large
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3/4 c honey
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 c confectioners sugar
- 1/2 t almond extract
- 1 t rum
- 1 T water
- Stir together the spices, salt flour, and baking powder.
- Stir in the almonds and lemon rind. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and sugar until a ribbon is formed when the beater is removed.
- Stir in the honey and milk. Gradually stir in the flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Spread the batter in an 11 X 17-inch jelly roll pan that is well greased and floured.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cake is done.
- While the cake is still warm, turn it out onto a wire rack.
- To make the almond glaze, mix the confectioners sugar, almond extract, rum, and 1 to 2 T of water.
- Beat until glaze is smooth and of the right consistency. Add more water to thin if neccessary.
- Spread the warm cake with the almond glaze. Cut cake into 1 X 2 1/2-inch bars while still warm.
- Spice bars keep 6 to 8 weeks in a sealed container if not glazed. Makes 4 dozen bars.