Southwestern Breakfast Egg Muffins is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Southwestern Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe gets its zest from cumin olives, ground avocado. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy breakfast wrap, the top 10 on this site.
Southwestern Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe
- 10 omega-3 eggs , whisked
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin
- olive oil
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1 cup spinach , chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or
- chipotle powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to
- ½ jalapeno , minced (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro , minced
- 1 avocado , sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.Keep whisked eggs in a bowl at room temperature.Heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 5 minutes, or until softened
- Reduce heat to medium-low.Add garlic and stir to combine. Add peppers, spinach, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, salt, pepper and jalapeno (if using).
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.Turn heat off. When mixture is cool enough, stir in cilantro, then add to eggs in the bowl and stir to combine.
- Rub a little coconut or olive oil in a muffin tin or line with muffin liners. Fill each tin with about ¼ cup egg mixture.
- Bake muffins for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and spring back when touched. Garnish with some avocado. Serve with a side of fresh berries.