How to cook that Vegetarian Quesadillas at home.Vegetarian Quesadillas recipe makes the best flavorful all time comfort dish. Vegetarian Quesadillas can be made in less than 40-50 minutes including prep time. Check below Dinner for step by step directions of preparation of Vegetarian Quesadillas recipe.
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow squash 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms 1 tablespoon olive oil cooking spray
- 6 (9 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick pan, cook red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil over medium to medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, or until just tender. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Coat the same pan with cooking spray, and place one tortilla in pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese evenly over tortilla, and layer 3/4 cup of the vegetable mixture over the cheese.
- Sprinkle another 1/8 cup of cheese on the vegetables, and top with a second tortilla.
- Cook until golden on both sides, for approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove quesadilla from pan, and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into 8 triangles with a pizza cutter. Serve hot.