Sicilian Salmon recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Sicilian Salmon gets its zest from fresh chicken pieces. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy hot chicken, the top 10 on this site.
Sicilian Salmon recipe step by step preparation at home
- Four 4-ounce pieces of wild
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon plus a pinch sea
- salt , divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin
- olive oil , divided
- 1 small red onion , roughly
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried
- tomatoes , chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 bunches (or 4 cups)
- broccoli rabe , organic if
- possible (or 1 head broccoli)
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken
- Season salmon with the lemon juice, rosemary and ½ teaspoon salt. Let sit in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Next, stir in sundries tomatoes, pine nuts, parsley and salt and stir to combine. Cook 4-5 minutes or until the pine nuts are slightly browned but not burnt.
- Set mixture aside.Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the salmon in the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, flip salmon over and cook other side for an additional 2 minutes or when internal temperature reaches of 140°.
- While salmon cooks prepare the broccoli rave. In a large saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add broccoli rave and broth. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until broccoli is fork-tender. Season with a dash of sea salt. Divide broccoli rave onto 4 plates.
- To serve, place 1 piece of salmon on each plate alongside the broccoli rabe. Top each salmon with a hearty spoonful of the onion and pine nut mixture.