Russian Kulich Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Russian Kulich Recipe gets its saffron,eggs and raisins.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Russian Kulich Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Russian Kulich Recipe
Russian Kulich Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Russian Kulich Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Russian Kulich Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1/2 t saffron
- 1/2 c glazed fruits Sliced cherries pineapple citrus
- 1/2 c raisins
- 3 pk dry yeast
- 2 T light brown sugar
- 1/4 c dark rum
- 1 c almonds toasted &Sliced coarsely chopped
- 1 c flour Sifted
- 1/4 c milk scalded cooled to-lukewarm
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 stick Unsalted-butter
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1 t anise extract
- 1 t almond extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 c whipping cream half & half-or table cream
- 4 5 c flour
- 3 egg whites
- egg white frosting
- 1 stiffly egg white Beaten
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla or almond extract
- Soak saffron in rum an hour or more. Combine fruits, raisins and almonds with 1 cup flour. Set aside. Dissolve yeast with milk and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Allow to stand 5-10 minutes. In electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add extracts, yolks and warm cream. Beat in yeast mixture.
- Add 4 cups flour and beat until smooth and elastic, adding additional flour as necessary. Place in oiled bowl, turning to coat top of dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and a towel wrung out in cold water. Allow to rise in warm place until doubled. Punch down dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead in floured fruits and nuts, saffron and rum. If dough becomes sticky. Add flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into dough with metal scraper or spatula. Sprinkle with a bit more flour. Thoroughly oil 2 (2 pound) coffee cans.
- Cut and oil waxed paper circles to fit bottom of cans. Fill each can halfway with dough. Moisten fingers and pat tops smooth.
- Cover with waxed paper and allow to rise in warm place in warm place until double reaches no igher than top edge of cans. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turn down heat to 325 degrees and bake 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Turn out of can by using long thin knife to loosen. Frost while still warm.