Russian Dumplings Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Russian Dumplings Recipe gets its onion,cloves and pepper.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Russian Dumplings Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Russian Dumplings Recipe
- 7 c all-purpose flour additional flour for dusting
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 2 1/2 c water
- 2 lb ground round
- 1 lg onion minced
- 2 lg garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 t rounded Freshly Ground-pepper
- 1 T water
- 1 1/4 t salt
- Place the ball on a work surface that has been lightly dusted with flour. Cut the dough into 3 pieces. Knead each piece for 2 to 3 minutes. After kneading, the dough will still look bumpy but it will be slightly smoother.
- When all the pieces have been kneaded, let them rest on the work surface, covered and without touching, for 1 hour. To make the filling(do this while the dough rests: Place the ground round in a large bowl; add the onion, garlic, pepper, water and salt; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough, 1 piece at a time, until it is between 1/8 and 1/ 16 inch thick.
- As you roll, lift the dough periodically to relax it and keep it from sticking. Lightly flour the work surface from time to time to keep the dough from sticking.
- When the dough is the right thickness, lift it once again to relax it. Using a 2- to 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut circles as closely together as possible.
- Roll out the scraps and cut more circles. Don't let the circles touch one another they will stick.
- To fill the dumplings: Place about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the meat in the center of each circle. Bring the sides up and around the filling.
- You will now have a plump half- moon shape. Without pulling the edges of the half-moon, pinch them together to seal the dumplings. Make sure they are securely sealed.
- As the dumplings are completed, place them on kitchen towel- lined baking sheets, leaving space between each dumpling. Place in the freezer until the dumplings are frozen solid, then transfer to plastic freezer bags. Freeze for up to 1 month.