Roast Leg Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Roast Leg Recipe gets its zest butter,pepper and pork.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Roast Leg Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Roast Leg Recipe
Roast Leg Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Roast Leg Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Roast Leg Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 leg of fresh pork boned rolled and tied
- 1 black pepper Fresh Ground
- 1 salt
- 1 butter bacon or lard
- 2 c water
- 1/2 lb lebkuchen grated
- Kuchen are Nuremberg's famed honey cakes. Rub the tied leg of pork generously with pepper. place on a platter, cover with foil or waxed paper and keep in a refrigerator two days.
- Salt roast on all sides. if the pork has a good deal of fat around it, it can be browned without adding any more. Otherwise heat lard, butter or bacon in a Dutch oven and when hot, add pork.
- Brown well on all sides, about 15 min. Turn the roast with the string; do not pierce with a fork. Add water, cover pan tightly and simmer slowly 2-2 1/2 hrs or until tender when pierced with a fork or skewer.
- Lay pork on a rack in the roasting pan; cover top and sides with 1/3 of the kuchen crumbs. Roast in a 450 oven until crumbs turn golden brown.
- Baste with the sauce in which the pork was braised and cover with another layer of crumbs. Brown, baste, add more crumbs and brown again until a thick crust forms.
- Serve with gravy made adding the braising juices to the roasting pan. It will thicken from any crumbs that have dropped off the roast. Season the gravy and serve over the sliced meat.