Poppy Seed Roll Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Poppy Seed Roll Recipe gets its milk,sugar and butter.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Poppy Seed Roll Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Poppy Seed Roll Recipe
- 1 pk active dry yeast
- 1/2 c lukewarm water 115-120 d
- 1/2 c milk lukewarm
- 2 3/4 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 oz butter 1 stick
- 2 T sugar
- 1 lg egg beaten with a little water
POPPY SEED FILLING
- 1 c poppy seeds
- 1 milk to cover the seeds
- 1 T sugar
- 2 T honey
- 1 t butter
- 1 zest of one orange orange-color on peel
- 1 zest of one lemon yellow -color on peel
- 2 lg egg whites
- ROLL DOUGH: Dissolve the sugar in the water and milk, then add the yeast, stirring to dissolve, and let sit for 10 minutes. Combine the flour, butter which has been cut into small pieces,and the yeast mixture, kneading until the dough forms a smooth ball.
- Or, in a food processor with the machine running, add the butter to the flour, then add the yeast mixture. Process until the dough forms a ball, adding flour or milk as necessary.
- Let rest for a few minutes, then process 1 minute more. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, turing once to oil the top, cover and let rise until double in bulk.
- POPPY SEED FILLING:Pour boiling water over the seeds, let stand for 5 minutes, pour off the water and repeat, draining well. Cover with the milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then strain.
- Grind with the steel blade in a blender or processor until the seeds release the milk and turn white, then add the sugar, honey, and butter.
- Cook in a heavy skillet for 1 minute over high heat. Cool. When cool, add the egg whites and zests, blending well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a long rectangle about 1-inch thick. Spread the filling evenly over the dough stopping 1-inch from one long edge and roll up, making sure that the filling is sealed inside.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet, seam side down. Bake in a preheated 350 Degree F. oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Brush with thegg laze and cool on a wire rack.