Pisznyi Borscht Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Pisznyi Borscht Recipe gets its carrots,onions and beet.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Pisznyi Borscht Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Pisznyi Borscht Recipe
- 2 lb beets
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 turnip
- 2 large celery ribs
- 2 onions medium finely Chopped
- 1 lg bay leaf
- 4 peppercorns
- 1/2 lb mushrooms Chopped
- 1 qt beet kvas
- 2 t salt
- 1 t pepper Ground
- 1 T fresh dill Chopped
- Scrub the beets and cut into quarters. Cover with water and cook over low heat until tender, about 1 to 2 hours. Cool and pour off the liquid, reserving it. Slip off the peels.
- Wear rubber gloves to prevent purple hands.This may be done a day in advance. Peel and cut up the other vegetables. Add the bay leaf, peppercorns, and boletus or mushrooms to the vegetables, with enough water to cover, and cook, in a large aluminum pot over low heat, until tender.
- Strain the beet liquid into the vegetables. Shred the beets in a processor or on a medium grater, and add. Simmer for about 10 minutes and strain into a large pot.
- To keep the broth clear, do not press the begetables. Add the beet kvas, mushroom liquid, pepper and salt. bring to a gentle boil, then turn the heat low.
- Taste, the flavor should be tart, mellow, and full. For more tartnes, add fresh lemon juice or sour salt. Keeps well in the refrigerator. Reheat gently; do not overcook or the color will turn brown.
- To serve, pour over 3 or 4 varinyki in soup plates and garnish with the fresh dill a large dollop of sour cream.