Picadillo Cubano Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Picadillo Cubano Recipe gets its zest from fresh picadillo. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Picadillo Cubano Recipe , the top 10 on this site.
Picadillo Cubano Recipe with ground beef
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion , finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves , crushed
- Salt and pepper , to your taste
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of stuffed Spanish olives , cut in half
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- Place a sauce pan on medium-high heat and add the olive oil.Add the beef and brown, stirring occasionally, then add the cumin, oregano, bay leaf, onion, bell pepper
- garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes more. Add the tomato sauce, white wine, olives and raisins
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve over plain white rice.