Orange Turkey Brine from your slow cooker recipes makes the best flavorful all time comfort dish. Orange Turkey Brine from your slow cooker recipe can be made in less than 40-50 minutes including prep time. Check below Dinner for step by step directions of preparation of Orange Turkey Brine recipe from your slow cooker recipe.
Orange Turkey Brine how to make Orange Turkey Brine recipe
- 1 can frozen 12 fluid ounce
- orange juice concentrate thawed
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/2 gallons water
- Combine the orange juice concentrate, orange slices, lemon slices,lime slices, thyme, pepper, garlic, bay leaves, salt, and water in a large stockpot; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Wash and dry your turkey. Make sure you have removed the innards. Place the turkey, breast down, into the brine.
- Make sure that the cavity gets filled. Place the bucket in the refrigerator. Allow turkey to marinate 1 to 2 days before cooking. Remove the turkey carefully. Drain and discard the excess brine and pat dry.Cook the turkey as desired reserving the drippings for gravy. Keep in mind that brined turkeys cook 20 to 30 minutes faster.