chocolate Icebox Cake from your home. Chocolate Icebox Cake recipe makes the best flavorful all time comfort dish. Chocolate Icebox Cake recipe can be made in less than 40-50 minutes including prep time. Check below recipe for step by step directions of preparation of Chocolate Icebox Cake recipe.
Old fashioned chocolate icebox cake recipe
- 8 squares German sweet chocolate 1 ounce, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 package ladyfingers 12 ounce
- Line two 8 x 4 x 3 inch loaf pans with waxed paper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Blend in water. Remove from heat, and add egg yolks; beat vigorously until smooth. Add sugar, and mix well. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Separate ladyfingers. Line bottom of each pan with single ladyfingers. Cut remaining ladyfingers in half crosswise, and use to line the sides of the pans. Fill with chocolate mixture. Chill 12 to 24 hours. Unmold. Serve with additional whipped cream if desired.