Mothers Nougat Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Mothers Nougat Recipe gets its sugar,honey and cream.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Mothers Nougat Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Mothers Nougat Recipe
- 6 14 inch square wafers or tortenboden
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c honey
- 6 lg egg whites
- 1 t cream of tartar
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 1 lb walnuts Shelled
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Cook the water and sugar, in a heavy bottomed 2-quart saucepan, until the syrup moves away from the bottom. Add the honey and cook down by a third.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form and add the cream of tartar. Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form, then add by spoonfuls to the honey mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a double boiler and cook, stirring constantly, for 15 to 20 minutes, until it cooks down a bit. Beat until the mixture looks dry.
- Stir in the chopped nuts and cool. On a work surface covered with waxed paper, spread a wafer with 1/4 of the honey mixture about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Cover with a second wafer and press down evenly. Spread another fourth of the honey mixture on the second wafer and top with a third wafer. Repeat to makd a second nougat.
- Wrap each one tightly in heavy foil and refrigerate overnight. Trim off the edges and cut into 3/4-inch strips, then cut each strip diagonally into 2 1/2-inch pieces.