Moravian Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Moravian Recipe gets its zest butter,sugar and egg.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Moravian Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Moravian Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish.Moravian can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Ground Moravian recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 2 2-1/2 to 3 pound broiler
- 1 T salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t thyme Ground
- 1 t rubbed sage
- 1 pastry
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 T all purpose flour
- 1 sl country ham cut into 1-inch
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 c shortening
- 5 T to 6 tb ice water
- Place chicken, salt, pepper, thyme, and sage in a large Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove chicken, reserving 1 cup broth; cool chicken. Remove chicken from bone, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Line a 2-quart baking dish with 2/3 of pastry.
- Place chicken in pastry shell. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Pour sauce evenly over chicken. Place ham pieces over chicken mixture, and dot with remaining butter.
- Top with remaining pastry. Trim edges of pastry; seal and crimp edges. Cut slits to allow steam to escape. Decorate with pastry cutouts, if desired.
- Bake at 400F for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Pastry Directions: Combine flour and salt in a bowl; cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle cold water evenly over surface; stir with a fork until all dry ingredients are moistened. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. pastry for one 2-quart casserole.