How to cook that meatiest vegetarian chili from your slow cooker at home. meatiest vegetarian chili from your slow cooker recipes makes the best flavorful all time comfort dish. vegetarian chili from your slow cooker recipe can be made in less than 40-50 minutes including prep time. Check below Dinner for step by step directions of preparation of vegetarian chili from your slow cooker recipe.
Meatiest vegetarian chili from your slow cooker
This is one of the best, easiest, and tastiest vegetarian chili recipes ever tasted. whenever I make it, my friends devour it. Best eaten with tortilla chips, Cheddar cheese, guacamole, and sour cream. What a treat!
Meatiest Vegetarian Chili from your Slow Cooker recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 onions chopped
- 2 green bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 package firm tofu 14 ounce, drained and cubed
- 4 cans black beans 15.5 ounce, drained
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes 15 ounce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid hot pepper sauce
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until they start to become soft. Add the green peppers, red peppers, garlic and tofu; cook and stir until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, the whole process should take about 10 minutes.
Pour the black beans into the slow cooker and set to Low. Stir in the vegetables and tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, oregano, vinegar and hot pepper sauce. Stir gently and cover. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.