Maple Bourbon Chipotle Chicken wings is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Chicken wing Recipes gets its zest from hot Chicken wings, ground black pepper. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy hot chicken , the top 10 on this site. This Easy hot Chicken Wings was delicious and hot. Easy chicken wings makes the best flavorful all time comfort hot snack. Maple Bourbon Chipotle Chicken wings in oven you can make at home in less than 30-40 minutes including prep time. Check below chicken hot wings recipe for step by step directions and preparation of Maple Bourbon Chipotle Chicken wings
Maple bourbon chipotle chicken wings in oven
- 3 lbs chicken wings , separated at joints, tips removed
Spice Rub Ingredients:
- 2 tsp olive oil to coat wings
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsps maple sugar
- 6 slices of bacon (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp grated shallot
- 2 tsps chipotle chilies minced (from can of chipotles in adobo
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Place chicken wings in a large bowl and drizzle with oil to coat.Whisk together all dry ingredients from spice rub in a small bowl.Add spice rub to chicken, using your hands to coat wings evenly.
- Let rest for 15-20 minutes.Prepare a pan for the oven by lining with foil (for easy cleanup), and placing a wire rack in the pan. Place chicken wings skin side down in single layer on rack, and bake for 40 minutes in center of oven, turning wings over after 20 minutes.
- Turn over once more and broil for 4-5 minutes for crispy skin.While wings are baking, prepare the sauce.Cook bacon in a sauce pan over medium heat until lightly browned then remove from pan.Add garlic and shallots to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add chilies and cook for 2 more minutes.Add remaining sauce ingredients and return bacon to the pan.Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer for 15 minutes to combine the flavors. Set aside.When wings are done, cover with sauce and provide extra sauce for dipping.