Linzer Squares Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Linzer Squares Recipe gets its zest butter,cinnamon and baking powder.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Linzer Squares Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Linzer Squares Recipe
- 1 c hazelnuts whole unblanched
- 1 c butter unsalted chilled
- 2 c flour
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon ground
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 lg egg separated
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T lemon zest finely grated
- 1 c raspberry jam seedless
- 1 nut coating for thumb-prints opt
- 2/3 c hazelnuts unblanched-chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For Squares, line the bottom and 2 sides of an 8"x8"x2" metal baking pan, with an 8"x16" strip of heavy duty aluminum foil, well buttered or greased.
- For Cookies, butter or grease 2 nonstick cookie sheets. Place the hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and bake them, stirring occasion- ally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until they turn golden where the skins crack.
- Cool to room temperature. Food processor method: Cut the butter into 1-inch cubes, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate. In a food processor with the metal blade, process the nuts with 1/2 c of the flour until the nuts are fine but not powder fine.
- Add the rest of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and process for a few seconds until evenly mixed. Pulse in the butter until mixture has the consistency of fine crumbs.
- Add the egg yolks, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and pulse just until the dough begins to hold together do not allow it to form a ball. Electric mixer method: Finely grate the nuts. Soften the butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and lemon zest. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks, then the vanilla extract. At low speed, gradually beat in the flour mixture, just until the dough begins to hold together.