Lima Bean Plaki Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Lima Bean Plaki Recipe gets its red wine,bay leaves and carrots.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Lima Bean Plaki Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Lima Bean Plaki Recipe
- 1 lb dried lima beans see note
- 3/4 c olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1/2 c fresh parsley Chopped
- 2 T chopped fresh dill crushed
- 1 t dried fines herbes crushed
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 16 oz plum tomatoes with their liquid
- 2 c chicken stock
- salt and Freshly Ground pepper to taste
- 2 c water
- Place beans in a saucepan with water to cover, bring to a boil, and parboil 25 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and parsley; saute until onion is translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add dill, fines herbes, lemon juice, tomatoes, stock, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add drained beans and the water; simmer until beans are tender about 25 minutes.