Lamb Stew Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Lamb Stew Recipe gets its lamb,honey and lemon.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Lamb Stew Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Lamb Stew Recipe
- 1 lb chestnuts roasted Shelled
- 2 onions
- 1/4 c sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 lb lamb boneless
- 1/2 cubes
- 1/4 t turmeric Ground
- 1/4 t saffron threads Crushed
- 1/2 t cinnamon Ground
- 1 c walnuts fine Minced
- 1/4 t mint Crushed
- 1 c pomegranate juice fresh
- 2 T tomato paste
- 3 T lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 c chicken stock
- 1 t honey
- 1 t salt
- 1 garlic clove fine Minced
- 1 t black pepper
- 1/4 c fresh mint as garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy casserole over med. heat then saute' the onions & garlic for 10 minutes. Raise the ehat to high, add the meat, turmeric, salt, pepper, and brown meat on all sides.
- Stir in the saffron, cinnamon, mint, walnuts, tomato paste, & chicken stock.
- Bring to aboil, reduce heat to low, cover, & simmer for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Add lemon juice, pomegranate juice, and chestnuts stir well then cover and simmer for 10 more minutes. Serve over a bed of saffron yellow rice.
- NOTE: You may add other fruits such as prunes, rasins, apricots, apples, etc. to this dish. Use approx. 1/4 to 1/2 cup of extra fruits as a total amount.
- I have had this dish with dried apples, raisins, prunes, and dried peaches added to it.