Lamb Soup Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Lamb Soup Recipe gets its pepper,potato and peas.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Lamb Soup Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Lamb Soup Recipe
- 1 lb boneless lamb Lean
- 1 cut in 1 cubes
- 1 salt To Taste
- 1 black pepper Freshly Ground
- 1 to taste
- 3 T butter
- 1 md onion finely chopped
- 4 c beef broth
- 1 md potato peeled and cubed
- 1 sm quince
- 1 peeled cored and cubed
- 1/2 c pitted prunes Dried
- 1 or 1 c fresh sour prunes
- 1/4 lb chestnuts shelled peeled
- 2/3 c chick peas Canned
- 1 drained rinsed
- 2 T clarified butter
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. In a heavy pot, melt the 3 tb. butter over moderate heat. Add the lamb and onion; saute until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth; season to taste with salt. Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the potato, quince, prunes, and chestnuts. Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the chick-peas and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until done.
- Stir in the clarified butter and allow to melt before serving soup. 1/4 tsp. ginger or a pinch of powdered saffron dissolved in 2 tb.
- warm water may be added with the chick-peas, and the soup served sprinkled with 1 ts. crushed dried mint, accompanied by chopped onion and sumakh on the side.
- In the Caucasus, ground kyurdyuk is normally used instead of the clarified butter, and dried chick-peas rather than canned ones.
- The dried chick-peas are soaked several hours, drained, and added at the beginning with the broth.