Lamb Soup Chestnuts Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Lamb Soup Chestnuts Recipe gets its pepper,sour and butter.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Lamb Soup Chestnuts Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Lamb Soup Chestnuts Recipe
- 1 lb boneless lamb cut in 1 Lean cubes
- 1 salt To Taste
- 1 black pepper Freshly Ground to taste
- 3 T butter
- 1 md onion finely chopped
- 4 c beef broth
- 1 md potato peeled and cubed
- 1 sm quince peeled cored and cubed
- 1/2 c pitted prunes or Dried
- 1 c fresh sour prunes
- 1/4 lb chestnuts shelled peeled
- 2/3 c chick-peas drained Canned rinsed
- 2 T clarified butter
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. In a heavy pot, melt the 3 tb. butter over moderate heat. Add the lamb and onion, saute until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth. Add salt as needed, cover, and simmer for 1/2 hour. Add the potato, quince, prunes, and chestnuts. Cover and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add the chick-peas and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Stir in the clarified butter and allow to melt before serving the soup. Note: 1/4 tsp.
- ginger or a pinch of powdered saffron dissolved in 2 tb. warm water may be added with the chick-peas, and the soup served sprinkled with 1 ts.
- crushed dried mint, accompanied by chopped onion and sumakh on the side. In the Caucasus, ground kyurdyuk is normally used instead of the clarified butter, and dried chick-peas rather than canned ones.
- The dried chick-peas are soaked for 4-6 hours, drained, & added at the beginning with the broth.