Kidney Soup Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Kidney Soup Recipe gets its spice bag,sugar and pepper.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Kidney Soup Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Kidney Soup Recipe
- 1 Beef kidney about
- 1 1/2 lb
- 2 T Bacon dripping or oil
- 2 T Flour
- 2 l Beef stock
- 1 Squeeze lemon juice
- 1 Spice bag
- 1 Bouquet garni
- 1 T Sugar
- 1 Grind salt and pepper
- 1 Thinly carrot Sliced
- 1 Glass sherry
- Spice bag should contain: 10 black peppercorns, 1 blade mace, pinch celery seed Should contain parsley, thyme and bay leaf.
- Skin the kidney, cut down the middle and remove the fatty core and any whitish membrane.This is what can give a kidney a bad taste, so be thorough.
- Heat the fat and brown the kidney in it quickly. Pour off any excess fat, then stir in the flour, turning the kidney pieces in it.
- Cook for 1 minute, then add the stock, sugar, bouquet garni, and the spice bag. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer gently for about 3 hours.
- This can be done on the stove or in a crockpot. Cool the soup, then refrigerate. When it is quite cold take off any fat from the top, then remove the bouquet garni and spice bags.
- Taste for seasoning; add the lemon juice and sherry if needed. If the pieces of kidney are not liked, strain the soup; or it can be liquidized.
- Bring to just under boiling point before serving; serve with thin slices of dry toast, or cheese biscuits.