Kichoori Curry with Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Curry Recipe gets its zest from ginger masala, sugar , and masala. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Kichoori Curry Recipe , the top 10 on this site.
Kichoori Curry Recipe
- 1/3 cup rice
- 1/3 cup lentils
- 1 onion
- 2.5 cm ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 dsp butter vegetables
- You can use whatever combination or permutation of vegetables you have available.
- A good mix might be: 1 potato, 1/2 courgette, 1 carrot, 1 tomato, a handful of beans and a couple of cauliflower florets
- First chop the onions and vegetables, grate the ginger then wash and drain the rice and lentils.
- Cut the vegetables so that, when cooked, the vegetables are soft but still whole.
- To cook, put a little oil in a pan and heat. When the oil is hot add the dried red chillies, bay leaves and the chopped onion
- Fry until the onion is soft. Lower the heat then add the grated ginger and fry for a minute or so.
- Add the rice and lentils to the pan and fry a little. Add 2.5 cups of water and the turmeric to the pan and stir well.
- Add the vegetables, salt to taste then simmer for 20 mins. To finish, add the sugar, garam masala and butter. Stir gently then serve.