Guinness Pie Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Guinness Pie Recipe gets its onions,slices and sugar.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Guinness Pie Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Guinness Pie Recipe
- 1 Kg Round steak
- 1 T Flour
- 1 t Brown sugar
- 1 T Raisins optional
- 5 Onions
- 300 ml Guinness
- 8 bacon Slices
- 3 oz Lard
- parsley Chopped Recipe of short pastry For double-crust pie in deep pie dish.Cut the steak into bite sized cubes, roll in seasoned flour, and brown in the lard with the bacon, chopped small.
- Place the meat in a casserole, peel and chop the onions, and fry until golden before adding them to the meat.
- Add the raisins if wanted and brown sugar, pour in the Guinness, cover tightly and simmer over a low heat or in a very moderate oven 325-350F for 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally, and add a little more Guinness or water if the rich brown gravy gets too thick.
- Meanwhile, line a deep pie dish with half the pie crust: bake it blind: then add the Guinness/beef mixture from the casserole, cover with the top layer of pie crust, and bake until finished, probably about 10 more minutes.
- Variation: for the brown sugar, substitute 3 T honey.