Grapefruit Salad Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Grapefruit Salad Recipe gets its zest from fresh chicken. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Grapefruit Chicken Pistachio Salad Recipe , the top 10 on this site.
Grapefruit Salad Recipe step by step preparation at home
- 2 grapefruits , peeled and segmented with a knife
- 2 and a half tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Two cups dry white wine
- Two skinless , boneless chicken breast halves
- Half cup pistachios
- Juice of One Lime
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- One to One & 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- One to Two teaspoon whole peppercorns
- Add the wine, 2 cups water, the vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and the peppercorns in a shallow pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine the chicken, cover, and poach until just opaque, 6–8 minutes, occasionally skimming off any foam on the surface.
- Withdraw the chicken from the liquid and let cool for seven minutes, then cut into cubes.Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan, toast the pistachios over medium-low heat, stirring, till fragrant and starting to brown, approximately 6 minutes.
- Pour onto a plate to cool.Cut the grapefruit segments in Half crosswise and put them in a bowl with the chicken and 1/2 of the pistachios.
- Now you should add the mayonnaise, mustard, cilantro, lime juice, Half teaspoon salt, and ¼ to Half tsp pepper and blend well. Garnish the salad with the left pistachios and now serve.