Golubtsi Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Golubtsi Recipe gets its carrots,butter and peppers.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Golubtsi Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
- 4 3/8 lb cabbage
- 1 c millet
- 1 3/4 oz salt pork
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 T flour
- 4 T tomato paste
- 8 T sour cream
- 2 T butter
- 2 c water or broth as needed
- 1 hot peppers
- 1 salt to taste
- Pour boiling water over a head of cabbage with the stem removed. eparate leaves from head and trim the veins. Dice the onions and carrots fine and saute until the onions are starting to brown.
- Wash the millet well, cover with water and bring to a boil. Strain and combine with chopped salt pork, carrot/onion mixture peppers, salt and the raw eggs.
- Mix thouroughly with your hands, then place portions of the mixture onto the cabbage leaves, roll tightly and tuck in the ends.
- As you finish rolling the cabbage rolls, put them into a dutch oven, and add the sour cream dressing, boil thoroughly strain, salt and serve.
- SOUR CREAM DRESSING: Brown the flour in the butter. Add the tomato paste and the sour cream and some of the broth from the millet.
- ALTERNATIVE: Put cabbage rolls in a large baking pan, make the sour cream dressing without thinning it, cover the rolls and bake at 325 F for about an hour.