Glazed Carrots recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Glazed Carrots recipe gets its zest black pepper,butter and carrots.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Glazed Carrots recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 1 1/4 lb carrots
- 1 t granulated sugar
- 2 T butter
- black pepper
- Fresh Ground
- Madeira Cream Sauce
- 1 T butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- For glazed carrot garnish, cut 1/4 pound of carrots into twelve 1 1/2- inch lengths. Using a paring knife, shape carrots for garnish into twelve ovals by rounding the corners. Cut the remaining 1 pound of the carrots into chunks.
- Put all the carrots, including those for garnish, into a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Add the sugar, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until carrots are tender and coated with a light glaze and all liquid has evaporated, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the 12-oval-shaped carrots from the pan and set aside. Transfer remaining carrots to the work bowl of a food processor.
- Add the glaze remaining in the pan, and pure until smooth. If pure is very liquid, return it to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until all excess moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Prepare the Madeira Cream Sauce. Recipe can be made to this point several hours ahead. Cover sauce with plastic wrap touching its surface and set aside at room temperature.
- Adjust rack to lower third of the oven. Heat oven to 400 F. Generously butter four 2/3-cup timescales, porcelain ramekins, or custard cups. In a bowl, whisk eggs with milk. Gradually whisk in carrot pure, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Divide carrot mixture evenly between buttered ramekins. Tap each dish against a work surface to pack mixture down and transfer to a shallow baking dish or roasting pan. Add enough hot tap water to come halfway up the outside of timescales.
- Bake until timescales are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Add hot water to the pan as necessary to prevent evaporation. Meanwhile, reheat the glazed carrot ovals and the cream sauce separately over very low heat.
- Remove molds from water bath and let cool 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully run a thin bladed knife along the inside edge of each dish to loosen timescales.
- Unsold onto salad plates. Spoon sauce around each timbale and garnish with the glazed carrots.