Georgian Chicken Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Georgian Chicken Recipe gets its lemon,cloves and cinnamon.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Georgian Chicken Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Georgian Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 3-4 1 pounds
- 1 lemon
- 3 T oil
- 3 onions chopped
- 2 c beef or lamb Ground
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 t cinnamon Ground
- 1/4 t nutmeg Ground
- 1/4 t cloves Ground
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 c unsweetened red grape juice
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 2 T blanched almonds halved
- 1 grapes For Garnish
- Squeeze juice from lemon and reserve. Rub the empty lemon halves over chicken. Saute onions in hot oil, until transparent.
- Add beef or lamb and saute, stirring, until meat is just cooked redness gone. Drain excess fat and reserve. Saute meat another 5 minutes.
- Add spices, salt, 1 Cup grape juice, lemon juice and sugar. Cook, constantly stirring, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stuff the chicken with the meat mixture. Pour saved fat into skillet and brown chicken on all sides. Transfer browned, stuffed chicken to dutch oven, add 1/2 C grape juice, water and almonds.
- Cover tightly and simmer over low heat for approximately 3 hours, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Baste every half hour, or as needed to remain moist.
- Add more grape juice if liquid diminishes. Place cooked chicken on serving platter. Spoon liquid over chicken and garnish with grape clusters.