Frito Pie Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Frito Pie Recipe gets its zest from fresh Frito. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Frito Pie , the top 10 on this site.
Frito Pie Recipe with ground beef
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion , diced
- 2 bell peppers , seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 28- oz can whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15- oz can kidney beans , rinsed
- 1 10- oz bag Fritos
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 jalapeño , thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring, until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add ground beef. Cook, stirring, until meat is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. 2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, and salt and season with black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes. Add beans and simmer, partially covered, until vegetables are tender and chili thickened, about 5 minutes longer.
- Let cool.Among six mason jars, layer a handful of Fritos and chili. Top with a big spoonful of sour cream and a couple slices jalapeno.