Fish Cake Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Fish Cake Recipe with eggs recipe gets its zest from eggs,pepper,and milk.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Fish Cake Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Fish Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb potatoes; peeled
- 1 lb white fish fillet
- 1 salt; (to taste)
- 1 grd white or black pepper; freshly
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 1 grated peel of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon parsly; fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon anchovy extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and place then in a saucepan with enough water to cover, adding a little salt if liked. Heat until just about to boil. Meanwhile, lay the fish on a plate or dish to cover the saucepan and cover it with a second plate, lid or foil.
- Put the fish on the pan when the water is boiling, then reduce the heat so water does not froth over. Cook the potatoes until tender-10-15 minutes if the chucks are faily small.
- Set the aside, without uncovering it. Drain and mash the potatoes, beating the well until smooth. Mix in the butter, milk, lemon peel, parsley and anchovy extract, is used Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a quicke dish or baking pan. Pour any cooking juices from the fish into the potato mixture. Flake the flash off the skin, discarded any bones, and at it to the potatoes.
- Mix well, adding seasoning to taste. Use a large spoon to place the fish mixture in a mound on the prepared dish or pan but do not flatten it until it is all in mounded up.
- Flatten the top of the mixture sightly, then sprinkle it with a little of the flour. Use a spatula and slice to flatten the mixture into a little neat circle, about 7" across.
- Pat the sides with the knife and the top with slice to that the mixture is even and neatly shaped, keep sprinkling with the flour to coat the outside evenly.
- Trickle the oil over the fish cake and bake it for about 30 minutes, until well browned. Cut into wedges to serve.