Enchilada Zucchini Boats Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Enchilada Zucchini Boats Recipe gets its zest from fresh boats. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Enchilada Zucchini Boats , the top 10 on this site.
Enchilada Zucchini Boats Recipe with ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 3 large zucchinis , sliced in half lengthwise and scooped
- out to create a "boat"
- 1½ cups of old el paso red enchilada sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- optional toppings:
- diced tomatoes
- diced green onions
- diced avocado
- Heat a medium large skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil and onions to the pan. Saute until translucent or soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef. Cook until there is no more pink in the meat, breaking up meat into small pieces along the way.
- Add in minced garlic, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and then salt to taste. Stir until combined in 13 x 9 inch baking dish, add zucchini boats flesh side facing up.
- Scoop the ground beef mixture into the "boat" part of the zucchini.Pour the red enchilada sauce over the filled zucchini boats.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 20 minutes.Remove the tin foil from the pan.
- Bake for another 5 minutes uncovered.garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve.Add additional toppings if desired.