Curries Eggplant recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Curries Eggplant recipe gets its zest from fresh eggplant. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy breakfast wrap, the top 10 on this site.
Curries Eggplant recipe step by step preparation at home
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon
- olive oil
- ½ onion , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon cumin seed
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tomatoes , roughly diced
- 1 chili of choice (the smaller
- the pepper , the hotter it is, so
- choose accordingly)
- Juice from half a lemon
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°.Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Score eggplant with 3 lines, lengthwise. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil over eggplant and rub to coat.
- Roast eggplant for about 40 minutes or until very tender, flipping twice during cooking. Tip: Roast eggplant ahead of time for faster preparation
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 days before use in a medium-size skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add in garlic and ginger, sauté another 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir continuously to prevent burning.
- Add in the rest of the spices and stir to combine.Add in tomatoes and chili and stir to combine.Turn heat off. When eggplant is done roasting.
- cut it into cubes. Tip: Traditionally, skin is removed for this dish, however you can leave the skin on for the healthy antioxidants found in it if you want more detox power.
- Place tomato mixture and eggplant cubes in a bowl and mash until you form a slightly chunky, but uniform consistency.Add in lemon juice at the very end and garnish with cilantro.