Corn bread Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Corn bread re gets its zest from fresh cornbread. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Recipe, the top 10 on this site.
Corn bread Recipe step by step preparation at home
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅔ cup low-fat (1%) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- preheat oven at 350 F
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Beat lightly.
- Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to dry ingredients
- Add margarine and mix by hand or with mixer for 1 minute.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes in an 8 x 8-inch, greased baking dish. Cool. Cut into 10 squares.