Chicken Biryani Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Chicken Biryani Recipe gets its zest from potatoes,and garam masala. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Chicken Biryani Recipe , the top 10 on this site.
Chicken Biryani Recipe
- 700 g chicken
- 1 onion
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cm cinnamon sticks
- 4 green cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 3 cm ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Fry chopped onion with bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves until the onion is soft. Add the grated ginger and garlic and fry a little.
- Next add the chicken pieces and fry then add the powdered spices and salt. Fry, stirring well.
- Stir in the yogurt then cook on a low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Wash rice and leave to dry on some kitchen towel. Fry the bay leaf, the cinnamon, cumin seeds and rice. Add 2.5 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 12 mins.
- Finely slice the onions and fry until cooked.Dissolve the saffron in a little water.
- Then, in a large pan put a thin layer of the cooked rice, then a layer of cooked meat (without the sauce) followed by some fried onion, chopped coriander leaves and chill.
- Repeat the layers once or twice then finish with a layer of rice. Sprinkle the surface with chopped coriander and fried onion. With a wooden spoon handle make 3 or 4 holes in the rice then pour the remaining sauce from the meat, the melted butter, and the saffron water onto the rice.
- Place the pan on a medium heat and, as soon as steam is visible, lower the heat and cook gently for 5 minutes. Serve.