Catfish Creole recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Catfish Creole recipe gets its zest from melted butter,bay leaves and tomato sauce.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Catfish Creole recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Catfish Creole Recipe
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 2 each bay leaves
- 2 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch dry thyme
- 1 pinch dry basil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 salt and cracked black
- 1 pepper to taste
- 4 each 5-8 oz catfish fillets
- 1 cup 90-110 count shrimp (peeled
- 1 and deveined)
- 1 reserved creole sauce
- 4 cup cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- FOR SAUCE: In a two quart heavy sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Saute onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and bay leaves until vegetables are wilted, approximately three to five minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and fish stock, bring to a low boil, reduce to simmer and cook thirty minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sugar, thyme, basil, green onions and parsley.
- Continue to cook ten additional minutes and season to taste using salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- FOR COOKING: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place catfish fillets in an ovenproof casserole dish large enough to hold the four fillets.
- Sprinkle the shrimp evenly over the top of the fillets. Spoon the Creole sauce generously until fish and shrimp are well covered.
- Place covered baking dish in oven and cook approximately thirty minutes or until fish is done.
- Heat rice under hot tap water and place an equal amount in the center of each serving plate.
- Serve catfish Creole on top of white rice and garnish with chopped parsley. This dish may also be served over pasta.