Carrot Ginger Soup Pan Fried Tempeh Recipe Recipe Recipe Recipe Recipe recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Carrot Ginger Soup Pan Fried Tempeh Recipe gets its zest from fresh carrot . Here is one of my favorite quick and easy breakfast wrap, the top 10 on this site.
Carrot Ginger Soup Pan Fried Tempeh Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup roughly chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh
- 3 cloves garlic , roughly
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt , divided
- 2 cups carrots , cut into
- 1- inch pieces
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken
- ½ cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 package tempeh , organic,
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons miso (optional ,
- adds savory flavor)
- 2 scallions , thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Black pepper , to taste
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a medium size skillet. Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Add in the ginger and garlic, stirring frequently. Cook another 2 minutes or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne, turmeric and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir to combine.Add in the carrots, broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Stir frequently. After about 30 seconds, reduce to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and let cook for about 20 minutes or until carrots become fork-tender.Meanwhile, prepare tempeh by dicing into small pieces. Place tempeh in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with cumin and remaining salt. Coat to combine.
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a separate medium-size skillet. Brown the tempeh, about 3-4 minutes on each side.When ready, remove carrot mixture from heat and stir in misdo, if using.
- Pour carrot mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Or use an immersion blender to puree. Tip: Take caution while handling hot liquids to not burn yourself.
- If you are using a blender, you may want to cover the lid with a cloth towel to prevent any hot liquids from escaping and burning you.Divide among 4 bowls.
- Top with tempeh and garnish with scallion and cilantro. Season with a little more black pepper, if desired.