Candied Yams recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This candied Yams gets its zest from fresh candied. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Candied recipe, the top 10 on this site.
Candied Yams recipe preparation at home
- 3 medium yams (1½ cups)
- ¼ cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon flour , sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon orange peel
- 1 teaspoon soft tub margarine
- ½ cup orange juice
- preheat oven to 350 F
- Cut yams in half and boil until tender, but firm (about 20 minutes).
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into ¼-inch thickness
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel
- Place half of sliced yams in medium-sized casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
- Dot with half the amount of margarine.
- Add second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Add orange juice.