Bitter Ballen Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Bitter Ballen Recipe gets its zest eggs,butter and milk.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Bitter Ballen Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Bitter Ballen Recipe
- 2 T butter
- 1 T onion Minced
- 3 T flour
- 1 c milk or stock
- 1 T parsleyMinced
- 1 t salt
- 1 t worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 t curry powder
- 2 c ground cooked beef veal
- 1 chicken or a mixture of the
- 1 1/2 c mild gouda or edam Shredded
- 1 cheese
- 1 c fine dry bread/rusk crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten with
- 2 T water
- 1 vegetable oil for
- 1 deep-frying
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute onion until it becomes transparent. Blend in flour and stir until smooth. Gradually add the milk or stock.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add the parsley, salt, Worcestershire sauce, curry, meat and cheese. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cool the mixture for several hours in the fridge. Shape the cooled mixture into bite-sized balls with teaspoons.
- Roll the balls into the crumbs, dip each ball into the eggs, then roll in crumbs again. Place in a shallow pan to dry and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 F (190 C). Fry the bitter balls, a few at a time, until golden about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot on cocktail picks with Dutch mustard for dipping.