Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Lettuce Wraps Recipe gets its zest from fresh beef. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Beef Lettuce Wraps , the top 10 on this site.
Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe with ground beef
- 1¼ lb 96% lean ground beef (or any ground meat you prefer)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion , roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , diced
- 1- inch piece of ginger , diced
- ¾ cup water chestnuts , roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Bibb lettuce
- Optional toppings:
- shredded carrots
- roughly chopped peanuts
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onion
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add in the ground beef and break it apart with a cooking spoon into smaller pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook till no longer pink. Set aside on a separate plate in the same pan, cook the onion, garlic, and ginger for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the meat and water chestnuts into the pan.Stir in the housing sauce and soy sauce and cook everything together for a few minutes.
- To serve, place the meat mixture in the lettuce cups and top with shredded carrots, peanuts, sesame seeds, green onion, and extra hoisin sauce.