Bacon Dumplings Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Bacon Dumplings Recipe gets its baking powder,butter and white onions.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Bacon Dumplings Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Bacon Dumplings Recipe
- 6 sl slightly stale white bread
- 5 sl thick cut bacon
- 1/3 c light cream
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t heaping caraway seeds
- 1/4 t thyme Dried
- 1/4 t black pepper Freshly Ground
- 1/2 t salt or To Taste
- 1 yolk of one large egg
- 1 T butter Unsalted
- 1/2 c white onions Sliced
- 1/2 lb rinsed and Drained-sauerkraut
- 1 T fresh parsley Chopped
- Trim the bread slices and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut the bacon slices into 1/3 inch squares. Saute them over moderate heat in a large skillet for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Transfer them to paper towels with a slotted spoon, and pat dry.
- Pour water to a depth of 3 inches into a wide bottomed pot and bring it to a simmer in preparation for step 8.
- Brown the bread cubes in the hot bacon fat for 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the cream to the bowl. Gently toss the bread until it absorbs all the cream.
- Add to this mixture the bacon, flour, baking powder, caraway seeds, thyme, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Beat the egg yolk and add it to the bowl. Gently blend all the ingredients.