Bacalaitos recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Bacalaitos recipe gets its zest from baking powder,garlic cloves. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Bacalaitos recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
- 1/2 lb codfish salt
- 2 cup flour all-purpose
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large garlic cloves; crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon annatto oil
- 1 oil vegetable; for frying
- Soak the codfish in cold water for 2 hours or longer, according the the saltiness and hardness of the fish.
- Drain, rinse and place in a small saucepan. Pour boiling water over the fish and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Drain. Remove any bones and skin and shred the fish. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the garlic, water and annatto oil and mix to a smooth batter.
- Add the shredded fish and mix well. Heat oil to 370F in a deep fryer or large, heavy saucepan. Fry the the mixture by teaspoonfuls until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, keep warm and serve hot as hors-d'aeuvres.