Apple stuffed chicken from your home. Stuffed chicken recipe makes the best flavorful all time comfort dish. Apple stuffed chicken recipe can be made in less than 40-50 minutes including prep time. Check below recipe for step by step directions of preparation of Apple chicken recipe.
Apple stuffed chicken recipe step by step
- 1 package chicken-flavor stuffing mix 6 ounce
- 1 pound broiler-fryer 1/2 teaspoon salt 3 1/2
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle inside of chicken with salt and pepper; rub outside with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix stuffing with the apple, celery, nuts, raisins and lemon peel. Lightly stuff chicken. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients. Bring to a simmer; heat, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Brush over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, brushing occasionally with glaze. Cover with foil and let stand for 10-15 minutes. Remove stuffing, then carve chicken.